Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Naive little girl.

Hey, sorry I haven't written anything in a while, but its not like anything has changed since I last wrote. There are still vicious murders taking place. I don't think I will ever understand Loyola Hearn (Minster of Fisheries). Why does he do this? Why won't he just give up his selfish greed and see that he is hurting everyone. Not only seals, but the protesters and the people against the Seal Hunt. He is hurting the economy. Do you really think that tourists are going to want to come to Newfoundland now? Our province now represents slaughter. It is no longer known as a free-will province, one of hope and generosity. I just want someone is government to realize that what is taking place is barbaric and unnecessary. They need to get up and get over their money-infested minds and take a stand against the genocide. In case you are wondering my thoughts and views are not based on the "cuteness" of a seal. They are based on in-humane treatments of all animals. It's so hard to be a teenager in Newfoundland, where every time I try to speak my mind I get frowned upon. Whether its by my piers or family members, but mostly by government. They don't have time for a "naive little girl who has her facts mixed up". I will not let it discourage me. I am actually more determined more now than ever. What else can I do? I'm not going to sit back and pretend like everything is alright when i know that i can make a difference. Today I made a video about the Seal Hunt. Check it out and comment. Even if you are pro-seal hunt, i want to hear your side of the story. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBQ-k7rWoA0

No comments: